Saturday, April 24, 2010

Post second degree burn care????

Member since: July 01, 2006


Total points: 0 (Level 0)


Points earned this week:


--% Best answer





salomex86


S Post second degree burn care??


I've asked for help so many times on this site, its crazzy.


Anyway my story is this. I sat on a hot surling iron 2 months ago, and its healdd some what. But the area is still a very diff color from my skin. I'm asian and am very light skined. Sigh, this is causing me alot of grief as you can imagine. Anyhow its kind of a white color now in the center and is brown around the edges. I feel like its going to scar, because i had a minor infection at first. Should I seek plastic surgery? Will plastic surgery help heal it completely I dont care about the cost. Please help Im so scared its been about 2 months and I'm goin nuts.





Additional Details





20 hours ago


fyi, i started using silvidine after it scared. Im just wondering should I see a plastic surgeon now and what kind of results it would yeld and how long it would take to heal after a skin graft?

Post second degree burn care????
no. it sometimes takes a long time to heal. yest it is frestrating. don't pick at it. use vitiman e cream on the area. I burned my leg on the engine of my motorcycle. your description of its progress explains mine perfectly. I bet it was six months or nine months before it looked completely normal. There was a slight discoloration for about 2 years. I could see it but nobody else even noticed it. Unless I pointed it out to them. Plastic surgery is not going to help it look better any sooner. You seriously injured the skin and it is going to take time to heal. Plastic surgery could cause more scarring.
Reply:Oh I'm so sorry to hear that!!


I had a burnt 6 months ago in my hand, and now it's a different color (red). It wasnt so bad, and everyone told be there would be nothing...but it doesnt seem like it will go away. I dont have money to pay anything. But if you just dont care about the cost, go look for something, there are some pretty advanced things to take care of scars and things like that.


I'm so sorry for my hand...was the thing I most liked about my body :( and now...it's red


hope you can fix your case


No comments:

Post a Comment