Saturday, April 24, 2010

Skin care product caused reaction on face?

it's small, but red and dry. it was a new facial cleanser. i have sensitive skin. the ingredients in the products were salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide. the area on my left cheek is small, red, and dry. today is the second day that i stopped using the products. in the mean time, i am putting aveeno ultra calming daily moisturizer on it to make it go away? is this gonna work? has anybody ever had a similar reaction to any face products like this? if so, what did you do or put on it to make it go away. I'm nervous, I just want it to go away. It doesn't itch, it's just red and dry. It was 3 products altogether, cleanser, toner, and than a benzoyl peroxide treatment lotion.

Skin care product caused reaction on face?
Benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid should never be used together. You need to choose one or the other. You may be having a reaction to one specific product or it may be a combination of all of them. Use just one product type at a time. If you want to use a cleanser, toner and acne medication together, choose them from the same product line. They are designed to be used together. I would maybe use a basic non-acne cleaner until the redness and dryness goes away. Try something gentle like Neutrogena or Cetephil. I would also use a moisturizer within the same line for now. Hope this helps.
Reply:I agree with Ms. Flawless. I had many adverse reactions to facial products with harsh chemicals. I went natural in my face products. I've tried Aubrey Organics with I loved, but am trying Burt's Bees now as I wanted a change. I have also discovered that my face is allergic to benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid dries out my face. So the natural products were a perfect match. Try products that are all paraben, fragrance, sodium laureth, and perservative free - these are the best for our sensitive skin. For red/ dry patches dab a cotten ball with organic sweet almond oil (found at health food stores for not that much money) and blot on the area over night. I wouldn't suggest doing that during the day as your face might look oily.


No comments:

Post a Comment