Saturday, April 24, 2010

Skin care product caused reaction on cheek...?

it's small, but red and dry. it was a new facial cleanser. i have sensitive skin. the ingredients in the products were salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide. the area on my left cheek is small, red, and dry. today is the second day that i stopped using the products. in the mean time, i am putting aveeno ultra calming daily moisturizer on it to make it go away? is this gonna work? has anybody ever had a similar reaction to any face products like this? if so, what did you do or put on it to make it go away. I'm nervous, I just want it to go away. It doesn't itch, it's just red and dry. It was 3 products altogether, cleanser, toner, and than a benzoyl peroxide treatment lotion.

Skin care product caused reaction on cheek...?
Yes, I have. It was a reaction to Retinol in a product. I had red, dry, flaky patches on both of my cheeks, and I tried everything I could find to see if it would help.





The only thing that worked was Aveeno balancing bar soap on my face, and moisturizing with a special lotion - DML. I got it from my dermatologist. You can get it from a drug store, but you'll have to have them order it for you. It's rather expensive, but it is the best lotion ever.





It took about 2 weeks to clear up.
Reply:When you have sensitive skin you have to be careful about the skin products you use, because as you have experienced some ingredients can really do a number on it.





Read about sensitive skin care and try the products on http://www.myskincaresite.com - if they don't work or cause a problem you get your money back - no questions asked. Can't do better than that.


No comments:

Post a Comment