Monday, November 16, 2009

Anal Skin Tag and Proctologist?

I'm so upset. I've just discovered my THIRD anal skin tag today. I had my second one a few months ago... My first, a considerably large because has been there for years and I did not realise what it was untill recently, after my second skin tag discovery. You see, I'm only 20, so I'm too young to be having this condition. (imagine my first was at around 13-14) I've never been bothered about the large one, but since my second, and now third skin tag, I've been absolutely depressed because it has made my daily bowel movement even more difficult then it already was. I don't understand why my stool is so hard. Lately I've been drinking lots of water and eating fruits, even drinking fruit blends, it still doesn't work too well. Only way for me to have an easy bowel movement is to eat very little and take lots of prune juice... I'm studying alone, abroad in singapore, and I'll only be able to go home in december... I don't think I should let my problem progress...

Anal Skin Tag and Proctologist?
Try more fiber in your diet in addition to the water and fruit. Eat bran and/or take fiber supplements like "Benafiber" tablets or you can get a fiber powder to add to your food and drinks like "Metamucil". If you are taking a daily vitamin with iron or an iron supplement, stop. Iron is the leading cause of constipation. Ultimately though, you need to see a physician as soon as possible because developing "skin tags" at that rate is abnormal and could be something more serious. Having painful bowel movements is also not normal. I would be interested to know if you have ever had one of the "tags" biopsied.


No comments:

Post a Comment