Friday, November 20, 2009

Wound vac and skin graft?

Ok so I currently have a wound vac on my shin. I have about a six inch long by 2 1/2 inch wide wound on my shin that is pretty deep. I am suppose to have surgery tomorrow to close the wound with a skin graft. My parents have cancelled the surgery so I can get a second opinion (even though I am almost 20 years old) what is this second opinion for? I really wanna have the skin graft done. Will they not ever do a skin graft?

Wound vac and skin graft?
I'm not quite sure what your parents might be thinking. Usually a vac is put on a wound to drain out infection before closing it. Perhaps your parents aren't convinced that the infection has cleared up yet?





Your best bet would be to ask your parents directly as to why they want a second opinion. They have a reason for it I'm sure, which by rights they should share with you.

lady slipper

No comments:

Post a Comment