Monday, November 16, 2009

I cannot figure out what the song "SKIN" by Beth Hart means. A strange beautiful song, but I don't get it!

The lyrics are as follows:





FIRST VERSE





She combs her hair, and cleans her face


Closes the door, and kneels to pray


It don't matter that she's alone


Beast or dragon, she's going home





CHORUS





If I lay me down


Bow my head unto the ground


Would you heal my skin?


And these blisters within my skin





SECOND VERSE





She found today so hard to say


I sweat the sheets, too tired to play


And it don't matter 'cause I'm still alive


Beast or dragons won't make me hide, make me hide





Repeat Chorus





THIRD VERSE





Another way, I just can't find the words to say


Cold where I lay, it's cold where I lay


Bones cracked to clay, a killer's in the way


Hot is my shame, fire pulls my veins


For never is my name, forever in my shame


And holy, come heal me...solely, deliver me, deliver me





Repeat Chorus





(Very strange, but the music itself is very haunting and beautiful) I would LOVE to hear your interpretation of this song! Thanks much.

I cannot figure out what the song "SKIN" by Beth Hart means. A strange beautiful song, but I don't get it!
i think it means that maybe God gifted this 'she' to whoever's point of view this is from. He is asking her, can you make me feel better when im down, and if u can, if you are around, then i won't be scared of anything.





or something religious...


No comments:

Post a Comment